Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Take 213.5

Greetings beautiful people!  Not sure why, but am feeling in the mood to blog again, and will give it a good try this time around ; )  Hope everyone has had a good Valentine's Day, or Singles Awareness Day as one friend has affectionately termed it (I nearly fell over with laughter when I heard that!).  I had a pleasant V-Day with friends in downtown Naperville at a chocolate eatery called Le Chocolat Bar.  For anyone of you who shares my affection for chocolate, I highly recommend this shop:  They have all sorts of chocolate delicacies from chocolate cake to chocolate bars to chocolate drinks to chocolate fondue.  The environment is everything you would expect from downtown Naperville:  posh, ritzy, elegant, beautiful presentation of the desserts and exactly why I enjoyed myself!   The prices aren't bad either ($5-10 range).

Wow, so my last post dated from fall of 2007 when I was just a newborn nurse, so I feel I owe an explanation of how my nursing life/career has progressed.  My orthopedics floor closed down in December of 2008 and now I'm on a general surgery floor.  This unit is a little bit bigger than my ortho floor with about double the number of total patients.  Thankfully my new co-workers, manager and assistant manager are fabulous!  I'm learning a lot as I expand my nursing knowledge from orthopedics, which was fairly specific, to more generalized surgical nursing techniques and skill.  I've also switched to 3 12-hour work days per week from 5 8-hour work days.  This has been one the more stressful parts of the job for me.  Don't get my wrong, I love having 4 days off every week, but when I have to work 2 or 3 12-hour days in a row, I feel like I'm going to die from exhaustion by the end of that 2nd or 3rd day. It's feast or famine as I like to call it!  But, I'm grateful to have a job and thankful I don't have children or a husband and therefore able to keep up such a schedule.  

That's it for now.  I'm looking forward to keeping up with this blog.  I have lots more to blog about, so keep posted at a computer near you ; )  

Peace to you all!

 

4 comments:

Kristy said...

yay. glad you're back to blogging. :) i'm going to try to start again too.

Bethany said...

Hey dear! wow, i didn't know you blogged! I am so glad to hear about your life.

Definitely need to check out that chocolate place!

lots of love,
bethany

Shannon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannon said...

I can still taste that white chocolate strawberry hot cocoa..