Friday, October 23, 2009

Request for Donations


My time at the Ruel Foundation is drawing to a close (faster than I'd like to admit ;) I've had a really great time here learning about how to catch babies, but I've also learned a lot about how a maternity clinic and orphanage is run. This experience has made me very grateful to those who've dedicated their lives to making sure these facilities continue to run smoothly in order to meet a very real need here in the Philippines. God is doing good things here!

I've been thinking and praying a lot lately about how I could continue to help this organization even after I leave and decided that I'd like to send a box of supplies back here shortly after I get home. So, I thought it would be great to start a collection of donations. If you feel so inclined, The Ruel Foundation could use your donations! I'm including a list of donations of the clinic's and orphanage's needs. I'd also like to ask that if you were considering getting me a Christmas present, that you'd consider donating something on the list instead. Of course, money is also always welcomed ; )

www.ruelfoundation.com

List of Birthing Clinic Needs:

-latex and non/latex exam gloves (small or medium)
-sterile gloves (sizes 6-7.5)
-lubricating jelly (i.e. KY Jelly)
-fitted single bed sheets and standard pillow cases (white is the preferred color as they bleach everything, but any color works) Gently used is ok.
-standard digital thermometer (in Fahrenheit)
-vitamins (pre-natal and iron)
-baby blankets
-baby hats
-baby clothes
-cord clamps
-sutures (absorbable)
-adult diapers
-chux pads
-large towels (preferably white)
-small towels (preferably white)
-face clothes (preferably white)


List of Orphanage Needs:

-baby/kid clothes (the orphanage takes children from birth up until 6 years)
-disposable diapers
-wet wipes
-plastic baby bottles

Here's baby Santino! At only 3 months, he's the youngest orphan in the orphanage! We all love cuddling and playing with him.







Here's a family we visited on a postpartum visit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe once I get really good at sewing I can send some of my finshed pieces i.e. baby blankets.
-Kelly

Anonymous said...

смотреть лешение девственности подростка онлайн http://free-3x.com/ школьница сосет видео онлайн free-3x.com/ как развести училку на миниет [url=http://free-3x.com/]free-3x.com[/url]