Tuesday, November 14, 2006

List of aspirations:

1) Participate in a triathlon

2) Backpack across a foreign country

3) Become fluent in Spanish

4) Live in a Spanish speaking country

5) Be a wife

6) Be a mom

7) Get a masters degree in nursing

8) Go snow shoeing

9) To always be active in some sort of community service

10) Learn how to knit/crochet and actually make something useful ;)

11) Closer relationships with my immediate family

Things in my life I'm thankful for (thinking about the future inevitably reminds me of the past and present):

1) Being an aunt 5 times over

2) Deciding to become a nurse

3) Learning when to bite my tongue and realizing when it's better to say nothing at all, even though I am screaming on the inside

4) College (well, almost!)

5) Sky diving

6) Having close friends I don't have to be fake around

7) Finding Christianity

8) For all of the opportunities I've had to travel: Hawaii (2 times), Spain, Morocco, Portugal, England, Germany, Singapore

9) A grandmother that has showed me what it means to live unselfishly

10) Good food

The lyrics to the song "High School Never Ends" by Bowling for Soup are frighteningly true.

4 comments:

Kristy said...

Hey, I can help you accomplish #8. Paul & I have two pairs of snowshoes (I bought him a pair for a Christmas present a couple of years ago), so this winter come on up to Wisconsin for a snow vacation!

Kirsten said...

Awesome! I will definitely have to come up then ; ) Thanks!

Shannon said...

"Take it easy" - Moroccan "tour guide"

Anonymous said...

I don't have a blog so I live out my blogging aspirations by making comments on your page! :)