Wednesday, September 23, 2009


And the pictures continue...I eat fist usually once a day!



And here are some pictures of the children in the orphanage.

This little girl came to the orphanage severely malnourished about 1 month ago. She was very depressed and with a very flat affect. It's only within the last week that she started to smile and cry. The Ruel Foundation really does a nice job of
making the kids healthy.












I haven't had a chance to take too many photos of me helping at the birthing clinic. For obvious reasons, the birthing process is of a sensitive nature and I've also been pretty busy helping out. But, here are some pictures from some postpartum visits that I've been on. The midwives visit each baby on day 1 and day 3 after a birth at the baby's house. I really love going on these as I get to see where and how people live here.

I get to meet the families of the birthing mother and they often offer us snacks, called meryenda. This baby in the picture on the left is the first birth I helped/assisted in here. I held the mothers legs during labor!

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

you are so in your element! so glad to see these pics...

Miss you!

Love Kirst